Some of our customers have asked us about eliminating the emails they receive letting them know we have received their email and assigning them a ticket number and link. Unfortunately we are not able to shut off notifications for individual customers or email addresses. Additionally, we feel these are valuable emails as they can be used to reply/add to your original request and also the URL provided can be used by others copied on the email to access the history of the issue via our web portal.
If you send us specific types of requests where you typically do not need to follow up with us or copy others and feel there is no value for the notifications, we suggest you set up email rules to automatically move these email confirmations to your Delete email folder. This will achieve the same result as if we were to shut off the notifications and can be set up in a matter of a minute or two. Below we have outlined the steps to set up these rules for Outlook and Gmail.
Before you start this process, be sure you have added the ITW EAE service email address that you typically contact to your Outlook address book (such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
- Select the "File" option on your Outlook menu.
- Click on "Manage Rules & Alerts".
- Click "New Rule."
- From the Start from a blank menu area, select "Apply rule on message I receive" option.
- Click the "Next" button at the bottom of the box.
- In the Step 1 area, select the top two options which should be "from people or public group" and "with specific words in the subject."
- In the Step 2 area, click on the "people or public group" highlighted text.
- Add the email address of the ITW EAE group that you typically communicate with from your Outlook Address Book.
- Once you have selected that address and added it to the FROM area, click "OK".
- Back in Step 2, now select the highlighted "specific words" text.
- Type the words "Ticket Received".
- Click "Add".
- Click "ok".
- Click "Next" to proceed to the subsequent step.
- Check the box next to the option to "delete it".
- As we do not need to add any more characteristics to the rule, you can now select the "Finish" button.
- From the main Rules screen, click "Apply" to activate the new rule (it should be clicked in the list of rules).
- Select "ok" to finalize the process.
Your rule should now work. You will be able to check your Delete folder for those cases where you need to check if we received your ticket or to get your ticket URL.
- Click the down area that appears on the search bar at the top of the inbox screen of your Gmail account.
- In the window that opens, enter the ITW EAE service email that you normal contact in the "From" field.
- In the "Has the Words" field, enter "Ticket Received".
- At the bottom of the window, select "Create Filter".
- On the next screen that appears, select the "delete it" option.
- Click on "Create Filter" again.
Your rule/filter has now been set up and will move all notification emails to your Deleted folder.